Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BEA: Droolworthy books (Best of 2011)


There are some fantastic books available this year, a lot of them are from debut authors, that I just can't find enough time to read everything. But, here are some of the ones that have really caught my attention:




The Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roeker

I was anxious to get this as soon as I heard about it and I was not let down. Kate is a modern day Nancy Drew complete with pink hair and pearls. Full of intrigue and mystery as Kate gets drawn into the mystery surrounding her best friend's death. She is pulled into this mystery by the person she leasts suspects, her dead friend. A perfect book for anyone who loves mysteries.





Die for Me by Amy Plum

A paranormal that takes place in Paris, what more can anyone want? It's at the top of my reading list and after finding it down at the book store, I just need to find time to read it.



Burn Bright by Marianne de Pierres

A debut YA from popular adult Australian author. I have taken workshops with this author and she is fantastic, so I really wanted to get this story without knowing what it was about. But now I do, it really makes me want to read it more. Late night parties and night creatures, just check out the tag line "Into a world of wild secrets and deadly pleasures comes a girl whose innocence may be her greatest strength."



Possession by Elana Johnson

This is a book I'm eager to read. I'm loving the range and quality of dystopian novels available at the moment and I've heard really good things about Vi and the controlling society she has been forced to endure. And I did a little happy dance when the Arc I won arrived in the post today. I can't wait to read it.





The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

I love mysteries and a girl surviving a car accident that killed her best friends but has no memories of how she ended up in hospital... now, what can go wrong with that? 




Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

I'm currently reading Last Sacrifice and love the world that Richelle Mead has created. I really look forward to seeing where this spin off of Vampire Academy leads, especially seeing more of Sydney who is one of my favourite characters.






The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab

Ooh, witch stories. I love everything paranormal, especially witches. I remember sitting around with my friends making up stories about witches and haunted houses that belonged around the block from where I was growing up. Just a premise of a story like that being more than a story really captures my interest.










So, what are you looking forward to this year? 

9 comments:

Kerri Cuev said...

Good books! I can't wait to read Possession!

NiaRaie said...

Most of the books I've been looking forward to have come out, except Simone Elkeles Chain Reaction. However, from your page I really want to read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.

pussreboots said...

They look good but I'll probably get to them next year. In 2009 I decided to step away reviewing for publishers and publicists. I felt like I was losing my focus and drifting from my mission statement of sharing the joys of reading. Call it taking a librarian's approach to blogging. Come see what I mean.

Penny C. Monster said...

I’m halfway through THE LIAR SOCIETY and enjoying it. I’m usually pretty good at figuring out mysteries before the end, but I’m not sure yet whodunit in this one. I suspect everybody!

Kate the Book Buff said...

I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover blah blah blah but I am so in love with the Die for Me cover I feel like it will be one of my favorite books ever lol

-Kate the Book Buff
The Book Buff: Book Reviews for Regular People

Ellie Garratt said...

Oh, dear. You've just made me add a few more books to my wishlist. Very naughty!

Ellie Garratt

Creepy Query Girl said...

omg, ALL of those books look awesome to me! We have the same kind of taste it seems. I can't wait to read rachelle meade's last vampire academy book and I didn't even know about the spinoff!

christina said...

I HIGHLY recommend you stopping whatever you are reading RIGHT NOW and pick up Die for Me. It is SO good. I mean. Really. Really. Good.!

newshadeofgreen said...

Oooh, great list! I loved Die For Me (thank you for the RAK!!). I'm looking forward to Bloodlines and The Near Witch. ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva