Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A post in which I admit defeat


Okay, I know it's only the first week of Nano, but I do know when the sensible thing to do is give up. Just too many things have been thrown at me this month. In 3 weeks I go over to Japan (and the planning never ends),  not to mention work to pay for said Japan trip, I've got one Shakespeare course that I really, really have to pass, and now I have to also get things packed up so I can move at the end of the year. This week I received a call saying I've got a permanent teaching job for the start of term 1 in January.

So many things that I have to get done. That doesn't mean I'm going to give up on my Nano novel. I actually love the idea that my new time frame is to have it complete by Christmas time (so I'm just aiming to complete Nano in two months rather than just the one).

Yeah, so how is everyone else's November's going?

9 comments:

Theresa Milstein said...

Congratulations on the job!

Yes, you have a lot on your plate. I'm glad NaNo motivates people, but it shouldn't make writers lose their minds with stress. If you write slower, you'll probably have a less messy rough draft. I'm sure the time evens out anyway.

Have a good trip!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

You're not giving up, you're just otherwise occupied. Good luck with your move and congrat on your job.

julie fedderson said...

I think if you don't pressure yourself, the results will be even more amazing. Not to mention that you'll be more apt to truly enjoy your trip and that sort of "being in the moment" will really help your writing when you do get the chance to sit down. Congrats on the job!

Claire Hennessy said...

You gotta know when to stop and take care of yourself, so well done! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, what with moving too. Good luck :)

Krista McLaughlin said...

It's okay to stop. You can pick it up another time! Good luck with your travels!

Angela Brown said...

YAY for the goods new of the new permanent position. And yeah, still working out the logistics of how to ship myself to you so you can pack me when you go to Japan.
Sweet!
And even you have to stop doing NaNo, you've done the best thing of all, gotten started on a great novel idea that you sound interested in.
Cool beans all around.

J E Fritz said...

Sounds like you have a busy few months ahead of you. I think getting it done my Christmas is a good goal.

Enjoy your Japan trip. My brother lives there and he loves it.

Deborah Walker said...

Japan? How cool is that?

My November is going just fine. Started nanowrimo, little hope of finishing it, but hey, every little counts.

Madigan Mirza said...

I didn't try Nano this year, because I knew I had too much on my plate. Maybe next time.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva