Thursday, November 3, 2011

So much drama means little Nano...


Why does November have to be a month packed with so much drama? I somehow injured my back at the end of last month and I'm also trying to finish preparing for a trip to Japan which is at the end of the month. 

And, if that's not a lot, my sister and her boyfriend has recently moved into our small 3 bedroom townhouse (that makes 5 people living under the one roof) and it makes it hard to concentrate especially since I need to walk on egg shells so I don't upset anyone, and now I've turned to going and sitting out by the pool to get some "ME" time.

I have found out some things:
  • It's hard to write when there's people around making noise.
  • It's emotionally draining to try and fit family and writing and holiday planning into the one day (boy, I was asleep before 8:30).
  • Sitting by the pool in Spring might be quiet, but my feet have been eaten alive by mosquitoes.
It's only the start of the month and I'm already tired. I'm just going to keep powering on and telling myself "I can do it!"

Are you having any better luck with Nano? What do you do to get away from distractions?

7 comments:

Krista McLaughlin said...

I read to relax and find some "me" time. Sorry that things are so crazy in your house! I couldn't find time to do NaNo this year. :(

Bethany Elizabeth said...

I really haven't gotten into the Nano groove yet. Hopefully I will soon! :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm not doing NaNo but I think I would buy some bug spray if I were you.

Anonymous said...

Oh no... does not sound like fun. At least you have a cool trip to Japan planned...

Angela Brown said...

The fact that you are planning to go to Japan makes me want to somehow hide out in your suitcase when you go. But the other stuff, well, good on you for being kind to share.

Distractions can be a pain and tend to come in a pack like wolves. I had regular life to contend with before NaNo plus this month has Thanksgiving and a few birthdays. I just take them as they come. You're "getting me time" is a good idea.

Anonymous said...

yeah, all the business is precisely why I'm not nanoing this year. *hugs* I hope things settle down for you.

Cheryl Reif said...

Eek, that sounds stressful. I got away to a coffee shop this morning, which let me get a lot of writing done, but I can't do that every day :P. Good luck finding some "you" time!


I was also stopping by to let you know that I gave you an award over on my blog. If you'd like to participate, hop on over to read the rules :).

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva