Wednesday, April 10, 2013

When Something Small Makes You Smile

Isn't it funny how one small comment can really brighten one's day... :D

During school today, I was lucky enough to be watching the peer-support groups (peer-support is where year 10 students mentor and play team building activities with year 7 students) instead of taking my year 7 English class, which meant a lot of walking back and forth between two classrooms. One of the year 10 girl's came up to me and told me how "utterly fantastic" the first chapter of my novel is.

I had foolishly left the copy I was proofing on my desk and she had found it and began reading. Just that one comment made my whole day turn around and put a big smile on my face. And it also came at a time when I needed some positive reinforcement since Shadow Embrace's release is just in a few weeks and trying to prepare everything for the release, as well as keeping up with the stresses of school are really making me feel weary.

What about you? What is something that makes you smile? Or what about some tips to brighten the day (I know I need them some days)?

2 comments:

Stina said...

I had the same result when my betas and CP read my ms. Their comments made my day. I saved them for when I need to smile.

Kristi said...

I love when things like that happen RIGHT when we need them to! Very cool. :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva