Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Been doing plenty of self-reflection

As I said yesterday, I have been extremely busy, but I have also had a lot of time available to self-reflect and prioritize my objectives and goals. I know I need to allow more time to writing, and less time to procrastination (oh, sweet procrastination thy name is Facebook).

I have discovered that I can become very obsessed with my work... I always set out with a timeframe and schedule in mind, but once I start doing a project that I'm interested and involved in I sort of go from spending 1 hour to 10 hours working on it... and that's not an exaggeration. I have spent the entire day writing because I was so into the scenes, and sort of forgetting to eat along the way.

I know that in order to become more efficient I need to eliminate my crazy obsessed mind, well at least make sure I stick to limits so that I can ensure I get more done in the day.

But I bet I'm not alone with this habit... who else out there can become obsessed with a project that they're doing that they completely forget about everything else around them?

 Well, from here on, I'm going to promise to stick to schedules, and make sure I complete everything I need to before the deadline looms. At least I can try to... until the next time I get sucked in deep into one of my projects.

1 comments:

E. Arroyo said...

I'm a binge writer. There's times when I'm at the computer for hours on end and other times when I can't. I have to listen to my muse at that point. Eventually, she'll let me breathe.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva