Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Practice makes perfect...






I have to admit that I've been very lazy since the Christmas break... my body feels like it's on holidays (or wants to be on holidays). This is something I really need to get out of or I'm not going to achieve anything before university goes back at the end of February. One thing I've tried not to be too lazy about is my photography, especially since I'm determined to complete a 365 project this year (that's taking a photo every single day... so far I've taken 14 YAY!!!).

During my photo project I've really discovered that it takes a lot of patience and practice to learn a new technique. I suppose it takes a lot of practice to master any skill (writing included with that), and boy it's been fun, and a bit scary, trying to learn this new technique. I've become really interested with underwater photography and really want to take some shots, but I'm learning that it's not as easy as some people make it look. For one, in murky water you can't even see what you're taking a picture of or if the picture's even turned out properly until you get home, and two, trying to focus on the subject when I can't even see the model is really hard... but I'm having fun learning, but I think I might try taking my experiments to a pool with clear water where it's more likely to turn out properly.

 I guess I'll just have to keep practicing and hope I'll end up getting these shots perfect.

Is there anything that you've struggled to master? Do you believe practice will make anything better?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Her Lullaby kit by Irene Alexeeva